Top 10 locations for a Derbyshire Countryside Hen Do.
Having a staycation hen do has never been more relevant and accessible. Escaping to the countryside with your girlfriends might be just what you need for that perfect celebration, right before you walk down the aisle. A fabulous change from the traditional hen do, lots more accessible and the best part – Derbyshire is perfect for all ages. With Derbyshire being so centrally located in the country too, if you are going abroad too, squeezing a second hen do in Derbyshire wouldn't be a difficult task! Here are my top 10 picks of places to stay for that extra special, luxurious hen do in beautiful Derbyshire countryside.
1. Hollywood House - This really is a one-of-a-kind hen house! It sleeps up to 40 across 16 bedrooms so perfect for girly sleepover groups! The bedrooms have each been uniquely decorated around a Hollywood icon so you could be staying in an Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe or even Audrey Hepburn themed room. It has a huge dining conservatory, a games room, a plunge pool, arctic cabin and a hot tub. Perfect for a mini spa day I think! There is even a James Bond casino and the house includes croupiers in every hire to run a casino night. Hollywood house is perfect for a glamorous, unique hen party. The house is located Hollywood House is located in the village of BlackBrook, Derbyshire on the edge of a World Heritage Site which is just a five-minute drive away from the popular town of Belper.
2. Peak Holiday Barn - This barn has been lovingly restored and sleeps up to 24 guests, so it's ideal for the Hen, her friends and family to meet up and celebrate under one roof. The barn has a large, airy open plan living/dining/kitchen space enables everyone to be together and celebrate in style with exposed original beams and stone walls, and a large multi-fuel burner – perfect for all year round hen celebrations! The 7 bedrooms split over 2 floors provide a range of sleeping arrangement solutions including a king-size 4 poster bed, doubles, a super king, and adult-sized bunk beds. You've just to walk outside and there is a newly renovated games room with table tennis, pool table, darts, sofas, pizza oven and serving area. What better way to spend an evening in Derbyshire?! They even have a wood-burning hot tub available to hire too. The barn is located just 10 minutes away from Chatsworth with lots of pretty surrounding, perfect for pub walks!
3. Scaldersitch Farm Boutique Camping – this place is just amazing and I can personally vouch for their hen do offerings as my lovely friend celebrated her hen do here. The farm offers luxury tipis and yurts in the heart of the Peak District National Park, all with private wood fired hot tubs and an on-site wellness room. It's absolutely beautiful, located in the village of Hartington near Sheen with not a sausage around so really good for completely unwinding yet only a 15minute walk away to the nearest village with a shop and pub. The 5 yurts all come with a gorgeous hot tub and they sleep a mixture of guest numbers. There is a lovely barn with cooking & dining facilities for celebrations and perfectly formed washrooms nearby too. The accommodation they provide works in harmony with the surroundings of the farm!
4. Shiningford – this property is amazing if you are looking for a hen weekend with outdoor activities, Shiningford Manor can sleep up to 19 in 9 bedrooms. It has a lovely country feel, being next to Carsington Water, which offers cycling, walking, paddle boarding and raft building for the more adventurous hens. The garden offers a private hot tub so you can sip champagne in the moonlight. During the warmer months, the swimming pool of Shiningford is also open so you can enjoy the summer evenings – inflatables are a must!
5. Smallshaw Cottages – Ok so not strictly Derbyshire, but too good to miss and it's only located a few moments outside of Derbyshire. This arrangement of holiday homes and on-site spa is perfect for a relaxing hen do in the countryside. It's perfectly located almost completely central in the UK, meaning there are no excuses for travel arrangements!! Smallshaw is ideal for a hen weekend, it's really accessible for a night out in either Sheffield, Leeds or Manchester and outdoor space is abundant for activities if you do so wish. The cottages which sleep 19 guests in total are 5 Star Gold awarded and there are a barbeque house, hot tub and tennis club on the grounds. Uniquely to Smallshaw, when exclusivity is booked, that includes the day spa – name something better than that!
6. Ashbourne Hall – this townhouse is centrally located in the market town of Ashbourne, Derbyshire. It offers the perfect balance between chilled countryside days and something a little more lively during the evening around the town. The house sleeps 22, with a hot tub, cocktail bar, a karaoke machine and air hockey table so actually, there isn't much reason to ever leave but just a short stroll away you'll find bars, restaurants and shops.
7. Secret Cloud House Holidays is perfect mix of festival and glam for a stylish glamping style hen do, the site located on the edge of the Peak District has private wood-fired hot tubs, central wood-fired sauna and on-site massage treatment room 'Shepherds Rest' yet is just a 15minute drive away from lively Ashbourne.
8. Standlow – A fab option if you are not sure of your numbers as Standlow offers a little flexibility with the Dining Barn and cottages, allowing hen parties of 15-30 people. Standlow, is located just one mile away from Carsington water so still great access for a sportier hen party, but with two fire pits and each cottage has its own hot tub, Standlow makes the perfect cosy getaway for hens. There is a quaint village with shops & pubs just a short walk away and the Dining Barn is super for hen parties, with a large open plan kitchen/dining/lounge for you to all gather for activities, meals and celebrations. Another fabulous property, not to be missed off the list!
9. Brosterfield Farm – a fabulous location for a hen party with a difference! In under 30minutes, you can be in Sheffield city centre so it's the perfect location for calm and chaos in the day and night. Each bedroom has ensuite shower room facilities and the farm comes complete with a cine room, games room and tailored list of activities. What's not to love!
10. Dove Farm is just 5 miles away from Ashbourne, close enough for the amenities but far enough so you feel you are in complete tranquillity. Across 3 properties, Dove Farm can sleep up to 18 guests, with a lovely big communal space for everyone to gather. Space is abundant for outdoor activities, from pony trekking to clay pigeon shooting, there is something for everyone.
Want to chat more? Contact me here! Jess X